MAAE Education and Advocacy
to inform and educate those who can help the arts and arts education thrive in Missouri
MAAE Signature Arts Advocacy Initiatives
- Fine Arts Education Day (virtual and in person)
- SHOW-ME Arts Student Advocacy Training
- Senate Student Arts Exhibit
- National Student Arts Advocate Essay Contest
MAAE's Other Arts Advocacy Efforts
- State Board of Education meetings
- Department of Elementary and Secondary Education collaboration
- Statement in Support of Artistic Freedom
- Reports on pending action or legislation at the state and federal level which may impact arts education.
National Level Arts Advocacy Initiatives
The Missouri Alliance for Arts Education helps educate and inform others about the importance of arts education in Missouri. MAAE lends its voice to support arts agencies such as the Missouri Arts Council and initiatives such as the Missouri Fine Arts Academy. Working collaboratively with other agencies, organizations and institutions, MAAE helps the arts thrive, which also helps boost our state's economy.
Partners in Advocacy
- Kyna Iman, MAAE legislative liaison firstname.lastname@example.org
- AFTA-Americans for the Arts
- AEP-Arts Education Partnership
- MCA-Missouri Citizens for the Arts
- MACAA-Missouri Association of Community Arts Agencies
- MMEA -Missouri Music Educators Association
- NASAA -National Assembly of State Arts Agencies
- NAMM-National Association of Music Merchants
What is Arts Advocacy?
The MAAE greatly appreciates the financial support provided by the Francis Family Foundation and the MAAE member organizations.